Amended following GDPR update to Privacy Law:
- Data submitted through this website will be stored for 36 months
- Data to be used by Leda Golf and no one else
- You can request the removal / deletion of your data at any time without charge
- We will inform users of any data breaches if they ever happen
- By using our services on or after that date, you’ll be agreeing to these updates.
This Policy applies between you, the User of this Website and Leda Golf the owner and provider of this Website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” Means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
“Content” Means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer or other device that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
“Cookie” Means a small text file placed on your computer by Leda Golf when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store your use of the website. Further details are contained in this Policy;
“Data” Means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
“Leda Golf” Means Leda Golf, Roseberry Grange Golf Club, Grange Villa, Chester-le-Street, Durham. DH2 3NF;
“Service” Means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Leda Golf makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
“System” Means any online communications infrastructure that Leda Golf makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
“User” / “Users” Means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Leda Golf and acting in the course of their employment; and
“Web Site” Means the website that you are currently using (http://www.ledagolf.co.uk) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improve the products and services we provide
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected name;
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- Cookie information (see Clause below).
How we use the data we gather
- Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Leda Golf for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site or for 36 months when renewal of data will be requested or until you request deletion of your data. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. More details on security, see Clause below.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
Leda Golf may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services may have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site.
Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Leda Golf requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited.
Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
It is important you make us aware of any name or address changes in order to keep our records up to date and accurate.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of this website.
Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Before the Web Site sets Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message requesting your consent to set those Cookies. None of the Cookies set by the Web Site jeopardise your privacy in any way and no personal data is collected. By giving your consent to the setting of our Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you through our Web Site. If you wish to deny your consent to the placing of Cookies, certain features of the Web Site may not function fully or as intended.
- Certain features of the Web Site depend upon Cookies to function and are deemed, within the law, to be strictly necessary. You will not be asked for your consent to place these Cookies however you may still disable cookies via your web browser’s settings, as set out in sub-Clause below.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
- You may delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly.
- The Web Site uses the third-party Cookies detailed in for the purposes described herein. These Cookies are not integral to the services provided by the Web Site to you and may be blocked at your choosing via your internet browser’s privacy settings or via your response to the request for consent detailed in the earlier sub-Clause.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your browser if you are unsure as to how to adjust your privacy settings.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time and request data deletion by writing to our postal address or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties but may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 without a charge. Should you require a copy of the data held on our system, please write to : Leda Golf, Roseberry Grange Golf Club, Grange Villa, Chester-le-Street, Durham. DH2 3NF
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.